A model that simulates the dynamics of a real estate market,
ultimately aiming to understand how it is affected by vacancy taxes.
It has five types of agents:
- Buyers: households seeking to purchase a housing unit to live in
- Sellers: households that currently own an apartment and are looking to sell it
- Renters: a landlord that owns a housing unit and is looking to rent it out
- Tenants: a household is currently renting a housing unit
- Investors: an agent that owns more than 1 housing unit
This is a "Picasso" model (as opposed to a photograph model) ,
meant to be complemented with GIS data as the next step of the research project.